How to Allow Pop-ups from SearchTempest.com
- Under the Firefox menu, click "Options" (or "Preferences" on a Mac).
- Click the "Content" tab. Then, next to "Block pop-up windows," click the "Exceptions" button.
- In the box marked "Address of web site:", type "searchtempest.com" (quotes not included).
- Click the Allow button.
In Firefox, if the Direct Results are opening in tabs instead of windows:
- Type "about:config" into the address bar. (No quotes.)
- In the search box, enter "open_newwindow" (no quotes).
- Make sure the setting for Browser.link.open_newwindow is 3. (If it's 2, that's ok too.)
- Make sure the setting for Browser.link.open_newwindow.restriction is 2.
- Be careful not to change any settings besides those two.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Click on the gear icon at the top-right, or on the tools menu, and go to Internet Options.
- In the General tab, under the Tabs section, click Settings.
- Under "When a pop-up is encountered", choose "Let Internet Explorer decide how pop-ups should open. (Or if you prefer, "Always open pop-ups in a new window".)
- Click OK in the Tabs settings, then click to Privacy tab in Internet Options.
- Under "Pop-up Blocker", click Settings.
- Under "Address of site to allow:" enter "searchtempest.com" (quotes not included). Click "Add".
- On a PC, open the "Settings" page, which you can find by clicking the wrench dropdown. On a Mac, you can get this by clicking "Preferences" under the "Google Chrome" menu.
- Under the "Settings" tab, click "Show advanced settings..." and under the "Privacy" heading, click "Content Settings..."
- Under the "Pop-ups" heading, click "Manage Exceptions..."
- In the "Hostname pattern" field, enter "searchtempest.com" (quotes not included).
- Ensure that Behavior is set to "Allow" and click "OK".
It's not actually possible to allow pop-ups from an individual site using Safari. Instead, when you're using SearchTempest you can allow pop-ups temporarily by unchecking "Block Pop-up Windows" under the gear menu on PCs, and the "Safari" menu on Macs. Make sure to check it again once you're done using SearchTempest.